Monday, November 10, 2008

Rodeo Moms: The do ALL and Be ALL of Rodeo!!!

Rodeo moms are a unique breed. They are expected to know all, do all, and be all to and for everyone. I know because I am one. Not only do I haul my own daughter around the country to rodeos, jackpots, horse shows, clinics, rodeo queen contests, and so on; but I am also the director of an equine program at a private college prep. school where I have 16 additional kids I haul around.

I am in no way complaining, but at times this task can seem nearly overwhelming. Last week a group of "rodeo moms" got together and decided that we needed resources to help make our lives easier, so we are launching the "Rodeo Mom's Club". The idea is that if we have questions, concerns, or other issues dealing with our kids and rodeos, other moms out there do too. This web site will be dedicated to helping solve or find answers to many of the problems we face. In addition, I have decided to post my own blog here to chat, give ideas and answers to questions, and just think out loud at times concerning my own issues, answers, and so on in my life and in my career. I hope that you will find some of the information here valuable and please feel free to comment as much as you like. Also, I will likely use this page to post my "bragging" rights of both my daughter and my students. If you have any ideas or questions you would like addressed, please let me know.

Remember, check out the new web site for Rodeo Moms at www.rodeomomsclub.com.

Hope to see you down the rodeo trail!!

Kendra

No comments: