Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Breeding season is on its way!



It is that time of year again. Breeding season is right around the corner. The boys are dong well and ready to meet a few girls this year. I have been riding Ops all winter and he is amazing. He is staring to run a really pretty barrel pattern and is even trying his hand at a bit of jumping. I am so fortunate to have such a nice stallion. I am excited to see what he becomes and to see what his foals become.


Doc is also becoming pretty cool in his own right. He is working the barrels and poles quite well. He is FINALLY starting to rope. I have often said that I should not be allowed to own a horse with such amazing rope breeding. Maybe this summer we will finally put him to good use. Shawnee is really excited to start roping on him a lot. He is so natural.

I am thinking of doing something a little different this year with the boys. In addition to the regular breeding that I have done I am going to try to do a limited share holder agreement. In this agreement each share holder, with a limit of 30, would have the chance to buy a breed agreement to each stallion. This agreement would be sold for $3000 each share. The agreement would allow each holder to breed one mare each year for the next 10 years. That means that they would secure a breed to the stallion they purchased for only $300 per year. This is $200 less than the current breed fee and much less than the projected fee in the next few years. In addition, each share holder that sent a breeder to that stallion would recieve 10% of the breed fee. That means that they could pay for their breed each year. That is the idea in a very small nut shell. I hope that this idea will take off and allow me to really promote my boys. They really are awesome horses and I would love for people to be riding their babies. Let me know what you think!!!

No comments: